Data Destruction and Sanitization
Few things are worse for an organization that the loss of proprietary information or the breach of a client’s trust. Our data destruction and sanitization process ensures your company’s compliance:
- The Fair Credit Reporting Act (Credit Reporting Industry) approved data destruction
- The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (Financial Services Modernization Act) approved data destruction
- The Sarbanes-Oxley Act approved data destruction.
- HIPAA approved data destruction
- The Homeland Security Information Sharing Act approved DHS and DOD data destruction
Green Penguin uses U.S. Department of Defense Data Destruction Sanitizing Standard (DOD 5220.22-M, DOD 5220.22-M ECE) certified software with every single piece of hardware entering our data sanitization process. Our proprietary process tracks and sanitizes all hardware from entrance to disposal. Drives can be delivered to a secure, state-of-the-art document and drive shredding facility for final destruction.
Green Penguin strongly encourages all environmentally-friendly companies to use our data sanitization services. Green Penguin’s data destruction processes are fast, safe, thorough and – in many cases – entirely free!
While securing the removal of all of your company’s sensitive data, our sanitization services also restore hardware to its OEM (original equipment manufacturer) state. This allows it to be reused in computers by non-profits, schools, and other organizations all over the US.
Data destruction and asset recovery help organizations upgrade and maintain their equipment, rather than purchasing new.